Senior Golang Engineer at Volume Finance - Remote
Salary $250,000 to $350,000 a year
Company Website https://volume.finance/
Published November 2022
Applicants This Week 20
Here at Volume, we work with the best partners to make decentralized finance protocols valuable. We solve problems of protocol utility, governance, and growth for the leading DeFi protocols. From our team effort, we are able to drive massive growth of user transactions and the launch of the protocol economy. If a protocol fails to attract user activity, token value falters and innovation will flow away from the network.
Volume delivers software tools and user experiences that increase protocol token utility and community engagement, measured by protocol transaction volume growth. The Volume team’s interests are the protocol interests: Growth of user transactions.
Volume's investors include Alameda Ventures, Curve, Solana, SimplyVC, and many others.
We are always looking for individuals who desire a high-impact, high-visibility role within a company that is making crypto and decentralized protocols valuable.
About the Role:
As a Senior Golang Engineer on our Engineering team, you will have a chance to lead engineering work across the full spectrum of our protocol architecture that is built around the Cosmos-SDK, built in Golang, Rust and Solidity. Our software empowers validators to secure the Paloma Blockchain Protocol which aims to the fastest, safest, decentralized messaging protocol. As an early employee you will be a critical part of our core team and have a significant influence over the direction of the company.
- Participating in and driving technical specifications, design, architecture, and implementation for new features on the Cosmos SDK
- Writing reusable libraries and custom logic for blockchain state machines and ensuring solid test coverage
- Participating in code reviews
- Minimizing tech debt while strategically pushing for progress with new features
- Help scale the team and create our engineering culture
- Participation and leading coordination for one or more of the SDK’s architecture working groups
- Minimum 5 (FIVE) years working with Go in production, as well as solid experience in some other programming languages
- Degree in Computer Science, required
- Able to meet deadlines deliverables
- You enjoy learning and digging into open source code, committing on other projects
- You can organize yourself well, and can work in an agile manner
- You enjoy a healthy balance between working autonomously and collaborating closely with peers through pairing sessions and architecture design meetings
- You enjoy analyzing solutions and can participate in defining good architecture
- Good written communication in English is essential
- Previous experience working remotely and/or leading teams is a plus
- Previous experience maintaining open source software (particularly libraries and/or frameworks), a plus
- Previous experience working with the Cosmos SDK or related technologies, a plus
- You are passionate about blockchain, have used DeFi dApps and believe in the opportunity of decentralization and blockchains to change how the financial world works today
- You thrive in a startup environment and feel best working in a small, cross-functional team where you can roll up your sleeves and be hands on
- You have an interest in working in a self organizing environment and bring creativity to start your own initiatives within the Cosmos Stargate SDK
Perks & Benefits
*** H1B US Visa Sponsorship and Visa Transfers**
* Unlimited Vacation (Globally)
* Health Insurance (Globally)
* Annual Bonus (Cash, Stock, Tokens)
* Quarterly Performance Bonus (Cash, Stock Tokens)
* OpenSource Development
- Take Home Golang Programming Assignment. Passing Grade of 9/10 or better required.
- Pair Programming Interview with Volume Engineers
- Final Job Offer Interview with CEO